1. Gu J, Lau JT, Wang Z, Wu AM, Tan X. Perceived Empathy of Service Providers Mediates the Association between Perceived Discrimination and Behavioral Intention to Take Up HIV Antibody Testing Again among Men Who Have Sex with Men. PLoS One. 2015; 10(2): e0117376.
2. Gu J*, Lau JT, Li M, Li H, Gao Q, Feng X, Bai Y, Hao C, Hao Y. Socio-ecological factors associated with depression, suicidal ideation and suicidal attempt among female injection drug users who are sex workers in China. Drug Alcohol Depend. 2014; 144: 102-10.
3. Gu J, Xu H, Lau JT, Chen L, Wang Z, Hao C, Hao Y. Situation-specific factors predicting nonadherence to methadone maintenance treatment: a cross-sectional study using the case-crossover design in Guangzhou, China. AIDS Care. 2014; 26 Suppl 1: S107-12.
4. Gu J*, Bai Y, Lau JT, Hao Y, Cheng Y, Zhou R, Yu C. Social environmental factors and condom use among female injection drug users who are sex workers in China. AIDS Behav. 2014; 18 Suppl 2: S181-91.
5. Chen Long, Chen Yan, Hao Yuantao, Gu Jing*, Guo Yan, Ling Wenhua.Effectiveness of school-based smoking intervention in middle school students of Linzhi Tibetan and Guangzhou Han ethnicity in China. Addict Behav. 2014; 39(1), 189-95.
6. Gu J*, Lau JT, Xu H, Zhong Y, Hao Y, Zhao Y, Fan L, Ling W. A randomized controlled trial to evaluate the relative efficacy of the addition of a psycho-social intervention to standard-of-care services in reducing attrition and improving attendance among first-time users of methadone maintenance treatment in China. AIDS Behav. 2013; 17(6): 2002-10.
7. Gu J, Xu H, Lau JT, Hao Y, Zhong Y, Fan L, Zhao Y, Hao C, Ling W. Misconceptions predict dropout and poor adherence prospectively among newly admitted first-time methadone maintenance treatment clients in Guangzhou, China. Addiction. 2012; 107(9): 1641-9.
8.Gu J, Zhao YT, Zhong Y, Xu CJ, Pan WL, Fan LR, Xu HF, Wang M. [Effectiveness of intervention services provided by social workers in methadone maintenance treatment clinics]. Zhonghua Yu Fang Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2012; 46(11): 999-1003.
9. Xu H, Gu J*, Lau JT, Zhong Y, Fan L, Zhao Y, Hao C, He W, Ling W. Misconceptions toward methadone maintenance treatment (MMT) and associated factors among new MMT users in Guangzhou, China. Addict Behav. 2012; 37(5): 657-62.
10. Gu J, Lau JT, Chen H, Tsui H, Ling W. Prevalence and factors related to syringe sharing behaviours among female injecting drug users who are also sex workers in China. Int J Drug Policy. 2011; 22(1): 26-33.
11.Gu J, Lau JT, Tsui H. Psychological factors in association with uptake of voluntary counselling and testing for HIV among men who have sex with men in Hong Kong. Public Health. 2011; 125(5): 275-82.
12. Gu J, Lau JT, Chen H, Chen X, Liu C, Liu J. Mental health and interpersonal factors associated with HIV-related risk behaviors among non-institutionalized female injection drug users who are also sex workers in China. Women Health. 2010; 50(1): 20-36.
13.Mo PK, Lau JT, Cheng KM, Mak WW, Gu J, Wu AM, Li J.Investigating the factor structure of the Illness Perception Questionnaire-Revised for substance dependence among injecting drug users in China. Drug and Alcohol Dependence. 2015; 148: 195-202.
14.Mo PK, Lau JT, Yu X, Gu J. A Model of Associative Stigma on Depression and Anxiety Among Children of HIV-Infected Parents in China. AIDS Behav. 2015; 19(1): 50-9.
15.Mo PK, Lau JT, Yu X, Gu J. The role of social support on resilience, posttraumatic growth, hopelessness, and depression among children of HIV-infected parents in mainland China. AIDS Care. 2014; 26(12): 1526-33.
16.Lin A, Zhang G, Liu Z, Gu J, Chen W, Luo F. Community-based lifestyle intervention for reducing blood pressure and glucose among middle-aged and older adults in China: a pilot study. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 2014; 11(11): 11645-63.
17.Zheng QL, Tian Q, Hao C, Gu J, Lucas-Carrasco R, Tao JT, Liang ZY, Chen XL,Fang JQ, Ruan JH, Ai QX, Hao YT. The role of quality of care and attitude towards disability in the relationship between severity of disability and quality of life: findings from a cross-sectional survey among people with physical disability in China. Health and Quality of Life Outcomes. 2014;12:25.
18.Lau JT, Feng TJ, Liu XL, Gu J, Tsui HY, Hong FC, Wang Z, Cao W. Associations between cognitive, sociocontextual, and affective variables and unprotected anal intercourse among men who have sex with men--a comparative study conducted in two Chinese cities. Biomed Res Int. 2014; 2014: 970975.
19.Li J, Lau JT, Gu J, Hao C, Lai CH. Event-specific risk factors predicting episodes of unprotected anal intercourse with male nonregular partners among men who have sex with men using case-crossover study design. Biomed Res Int. 2014; 2014: 475195.
20.Hao C, Lau JT, Zhao X, Yang H, Huan X, Yan H, Gu J. Associations between perceived characteristics of the peer social network involving significant others and risk of HIV transmission among men who have sex with men in China. AIDS Behav. 2014; 18(1): 99-110.
21.Lau JT, Li J, Choi KC, Gu J. A randomized controlled trial evaluating the efficacy of a theory-based intervention promoting condom use among Chinese monogamous female sexually transmitted infection patients. Int J Behav Med. 2014; 21(4): 719-29.
22.Yan J, You LM, Liu BL, Jin SY, Zhou JJ, Lin CX, Li Q, Gu J. The effect of a telephone follow-up intervention on illness perception and lifestyle after myocardial infarction in China: a randomized controlled trial. International Journal of Nursing Studies.2014; 51(6): 844-55.
23.Lau JT, Gu J, Tsui HY, Wang Z. Prevalence and associated factors of intention to participate in HIV voluntary counseling and testing for the first time among men who have sex with men in Hong Kong, China. Prev Med. 2013; 57(6): 813-8.
24.Liu R, Wu S, Hao Y, Gu J, Fang J, Cai N, Zhang J. The Chinese version of the world health organization quality of life instrument-older adults module(WHOQOL-OLD): psychometric evaluation. Health and Quality of Life Outcomes. 2013; 11: 156.
25.Huang Y, Deng T, Yu S, Gu J, Huang C, Xiao G, Hao Y. Effect of meteorological variables on the incidence of hand, foot, and mouth disease in children: a time-series analysis in Guangzhou, China. BMC Infectious Diseases. 2013; 13: 134.